Monday, August 22, 2011

Wilflowers sprouting to my delight and pleasure....


I am not quite sure if seeing seeds sprout will ever be a dull experience. I can't even describe how exciting it is to see the little sprouts come up. It seems to wet my anticipation for what is to come of these sprouts. Being that there are some specific flowers, others are part of dwarf mixture, (picture on the seed packet is in a previous post). I have learned that these may not flower until the following season(insert very long sad face here). However, the benefits of planting them far exceed the length of time to wait for them. Not only are they so beautiful and, well, wild looking, which I very much prefer, but they are excellent bee feed and ground cover.

Note:"Wildflowers are naturalized plants or native wildflowers that are not invasive or aggressive to the natural order of plants in a given area. Each wild flower species has developed over time to genetically become disease and insect resistant to that particular area, soil conditions, climate and other environmental factors. Some wildflowers should not be planted in new areas because of their aggressive growth which can take over native species and wipe them out. Every region has Eco systems within Eco systems and competition is regulated by the genetics within each separate system. It is always best to plant the NATIVE wildflower seed varieties that can be obtained for your region."   http://www.wildflowermix.com/

I have found that the textures of wildflowers are pleasing to view. There is a natural variety in the seed packets to enjoy visually. My daughter loves to pick flowers so this is another good reason to plant them because she will have so much fun picking out specific colors and varieties. I have decided that I may need to plant much more just to keep her occupied. It is difficult to tell a 2 year old that she can't pick the flowers because quite frankly I want to pick them too. So I can hardly blame her or get upset when she comes to hand them to me or tries to put them in my hair. I look forward to watching them grow. I am extreemly tickled about the visual journey to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment