Monday, January 2, 2012

winter blues...

It is amazing how when the sun decides to peak out...I run outside to tend to my plants. The sun encourages my hibernating to subside. I usually love to cook and can spend hours in the kitchen. However, I have noticed that the drudgery of the year as it has come to a close has caused my fire to burn out a bit. This situation has caused me to reflect days on end on the last few years. Reflection can bring about a renewing. Thinking about why things have happened that you can control. Why next time you will do things differently. While many things have happened in my life, I am in a place that is peaceful and happy.When I look outside and see the gray clouds, but no rain, I pout, because I feel desperate! Desperate because I need to feel like myself again.

I believe carrying two classes instead of one, along with my busy family filled life is snuffing me out!When my fire is burning bright, I am creating, writing, nurturing, making food and plants thrive...come to life. Right now...nothing.....

I am praying for the sun to shine on my Right Brain....please sun come out and shine on me.

I look for inspiration in all the same places, but am delighted when I find it in new ones. I often am inspired by my Bible, my mother, Martha Stewart Living,Whole Living and some other great blogs. I also find that some films can kick me into high gear. Right now I am waiting for some kind of lightning to strike. I need my fire to be rekindled.....

I always like to share a little recipe with you...so here you go. This is one of my favorite comfort food recipes that I stumbled upon at the beginning of fall. It is so delicious. Enjoy.....
http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitchen/2010/05/19/playdate-grilled-cheese/

No comments:

Post a Comment